Friendship Society Nepal (FSN) is born with a vision that all humans have a fundamental right to ecological, economic and social security, to the protection and defense of their resources and their livelihoods. We therefore view the conservation of environment and protection of all forms of culture and heritage which will eventually lead to sustainability and development of minority group.
Considering this as a fundamental human duty and a social responsibility, FSN is engaged in environment conservation, drinking water, monastery construction, old heritage construction, and sustainable development, education for poor children, helping poor family, small community infrastructure and community health.
We believe that campaigns and programmes we carry lead to improvement of livelihoods of the marginalized community and education of poor children and ultimately overcome poverty and powerlessness.
Established in 2010 FSN is a legal entity registered (Regd. No. 613) with Kathmandu District Administrative Office of Nepal Government under the Organization Registration Act of 1977. The Nepali name of the organization is MitrataSamaj Nepal (Friendship Society Nepal). Friendship Society Nepal (FSN) is affiliated (Affiliation No. 41452) to the Social Welfare Council, a coordinating and umbrella body of NGOs in Nepal.
FSN is a registered Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), working together with partners and local communities in Nepal to improve environment and human well-Being.Our major objective is work in the welfare of social groups such as the elderly or children and help eradicate poverty and disease by creating awareness and educating them. Our country still needs to work on the uplifting marginalized community such as women and ethnic groups. If we sum up our objectives in few points, those would be:
- Working for uplifting the status of women and minority group in the society.
- Propagating the need for nature conservation, safe drinking water and environmental awareness which will ultimately lead towards sustainability.
- Working on the reconstruction of monasteries and old heritages so as to hold the identity of our country as the land of God and Goddess.
- Helping and generate training programme for self-employment and independency of uneducated and unemployed people.
- Providing help and facilities for old people, children and disabled persons for their welfare.
- Developing projects throughout the country and abroad for small community infrastructure development and community health.
- Child Education
- Campaigning for sustainable development programmes.
- Working for uplifting rural area people of Nepal for their overall development.
- Providing help to people suffering from Natural calamities such as flood, landslides, earthquakes etc.
- Undertaking any other work or assignment which may be for the general welfare of the people.
- Education and capacity development
- Work in partnership with other local and international NGOs and INGOs and also with the government bodies.
Our Mission is to empower the marginalized communities belonging to any religion, cast, sex or groups, deprived groups and children or any other needy person to ensure that they are able to act independently and effectively to become self-reliant through sustainable use of resources
FSN’s mission is to promote environmental awareness, peace, harmony, justice and sustainability. Our mission focuses on improving the well-being of small and marginalized rural community group.
Our mission is to meets people’s needs while protecting the environment and cultural heritage, and at the same time strengthening livelihood and education.
We envision improving the livelihood of rural communities, thus combining the conservation of environment which should also enrich the lives by sustaining cultural heritages.
Our vision is to accomplish such development by creating primary support and platform for minority groups in society that will ensure their adequate living and well-being including their food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services.
- Environment Conservation
- Sustainable Development
- Child Education
- Women Empowerment
- Heritages and Monuments
- Community Health